OSSO provides managed kubernetes clusters including full operational support.
You should run your workload where it makes sense. Be it from a cost perspective, technical criteria, security requirements, or level of available support.
At OSSO, we focus on our strong points and where we can provide the most value.
Where we differ from the public cloud providers:
OSSO manages the full infrastructure stack providing us with full insight and control.
Eliminating black boxes or mystery noisy neighbours. We can see every layer in the infrastructure and don’t try to be mysterious about it either.
We build on open source and open networking and are open about our infrastructure architecture as well.
We optimize for stable long lived kubernetes clusters with a relatively steady load pattern. To handle (un)expected growth we can easily double or triple the nodes in a cluster in a short time.
Due to different levels of scaling, very short lived clusters/capacity demands are not cost effective in our infrastructure. For example use cases that need large amounts of resources (e.g. 50-5000 nodes for a day) are better off in the public cloud.
Multi cloud and interconnecting
We can facilitate high bandwidth and fast interconnects (up to 10Gbit/s) to public clouds such as (GCE, AWS, Azure) or almost any other datacenter located party in the Netherlands.
Support from OSSO Operations/SRE team
We make extensive use of Slack for communicating with our customers (using shared channels). This allows for easy communication, sharing of code, issues, updates, etc. aswell as sharing the occasional joke every now and then :-).
- 24/7 incident response
- Metrics (Promethieus, Grafana)
- Log management (Elastic, Kibana)
- Backup management
SRE / Developer support
- Support from our SRE's
- Debugging / Troubleshooting
- Sharing best practices
- Reference deployments
- Resource and capacity management
- 24/7 support for critical deployments
- Managed deployments for common services
- Kubernetes optimized
- High Availability (3 zones by default)
- Private network
- 10G, 25G network per node
- Up to 100G between zones
- Open for supporting customized kubernetes
- Mix with non kubernetes infrastructure
- Connect other providers/networks (VPN, BGP, etc.)
- Bare metal or virtual servers
- 10G/25G/100G networking
- Container registry as a service (Harbor)
- Container CVE scanning (Harbor)
- Multiple ingress controllers
- Public and internal loadbalancers
- Object Storage service
- MariaDB, MySQL Galera
- PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB
- Ceph (RBD, CephFS)
- Each zone maps to its own datacenter
- Bare metal micro servers
- Virtual private servers available
- Compute or storage bare metal nodes available
- 10G, 25G network per node
- Open Networking CLOS network design
- Open for supporting customized kubernetes components
- Regular servers in same network for non kubernetes services
- Private inter-connection with public clouds (Google, AWS, Azure)